Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Muscular Strength

Isotonic exercising is when the muscles work and visibly change in length while doing the workout.
Isometric exercise is when the muscles work, but don't visibly change in length whatsoever. 
Isokinetic exercise is when a muscle, or group of muscles are activated and contract, and the length of the muscle shortens at a constant speed.
The overload principle states that a greater than normal amount of stress is required for any kind of muscle growth. The body will eventually adapt to this stress, which is when the stress can be increased. 
The work/rest ratio is a plan that says if you exercise for 35 seconds, your interval would be 1:10 seconds. You rest for approximately the same amount of time that you work out for. If you swim one lap in 45 seconds, your interval would be 1:30

I can apply Isotonic exercising by doing things as simple as push ups, or bicep curls. 
I can apply Isometric exercise by fully extending my arms downwards, and lift them up and down like a bird (with weights). I know that's a kind of exercise, but I've forgotten what it's called. 
I can apply Isokinetic exercise by doing something as simple as walking on a treadmill at seven miles an hour. 
I can apply the overload principle by pushing myself to withstand more stress than usual, and then becoming used to that level of stress. I can then continue pushing myself to be able to withstand more stress. 
Work/Rest Ratio. That's easy. I'll just make sure to rest for as long as I work out/exercise to make sure I don't get worn out(:

thank for reading.

-taylor



No comments:

Post a Comment